Tuesday, January 28, 2014


 This is the first of my slice of life posts and basically I don't know what I'm doing. How do we give someone just a slice of our life? Life is so complex and multilayered, it's hard to know just what to share. This is my attempt.

Photos have always spoken a lot to me - I think I should be a paid Facebook stalker I'm so good at it. I just love how photos speak so much about an individual personality! It's fun to get to know people through snaps of their life.

So this SOL is going to be a photo essay. I hope you enjoy.

My name is Ruth, I really like my name. When I was little I would write it all over everything... even the couch...
My little sister Rachel has been my best friend since she was born.
However, I do like my personal space. No touchy.

Training horses is a huge part of my life.
I grew up working on a farm and you 'can't take the country outta the girl'!

This is the first horse I trained, her name is Scarlet.

I like taking photos of eyeballs because I feel like they really are windows to the soul.


...and I tend to have republican sympathies. :)
Harry Potter may or may not define my fantasy life...


I served a mission in the wonderful and wet motherland of England and Wales!  It was here that I came to see how the gospel of Jesus Christ applies to every single life, not just my own.
It is beautiful there! The people are truly incredible. 






I love having fun, sometimes a little too much...
I am strangely obsessed with sunsets, sunrises, the moon, and the sky in general.



Where my life is at right now is the most exciting thing to happen to me though. I am engaged to marry my best friend. Dreams really do seem to come true. I can't wait to face the challenges and the joys that will continue to come in my life.

I guess simply put, my life is defined by hard work, fun, faith, and a desire to continue to be who and what God would have me be.
It's a good life.



1 comment: